Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Sister's Trip - Minus a Couple of Sisters

April is my regularly scheduled annual trip to Utah to visit my son and daughter and my sister and her family. Normally, my two sisters from Idaho come at the same time. This year however they were unable to go at the same time. But sorry sisters, fun was had anyway. And let me know when you decide to go later in the year and hopefully I can join you.

I left Seattle on Wedneday, April 17th. Natalie picked me up at the airport and Wayne met us for lunch. It was my first time eating Pho (I'm not counting the one time at tried it at the office cafeteria, they just aren't the same as a restaurant). It was very good. Natalie went back to work and Wayne kindly drove me around to visit friends.

Our first visit was with Gloria at her office. She is from Utah but lived in Kent for some years then moved back to Utah. She lives with Multiple myeloma and had her second treatment a year ago. She is now working full time and enjoying her grandchildren and she looks and feels great.

Our next visit was to my friend's Mom's house. I took a piece of luggage to Utah for her. She is moving the end of May home to Utah after having sold her house and retiring. Her mother lives in a beautiful home they had built 56 years ago in Holliday.

Our final visit for that day was with my friend Susan (and her husband) who I met in 1976 at college. We were matched up as room mates. She came from Michigan and stayed in Utah. Some years after college we roomed together again for a short time. It's been fun staying in touch with her all these years.

For dinner Wayne and I met up with Natalie and her husband and my cousin Russell at Mimi's. From there it was a short walk through the parking lot to the The Sweet Tooth Fairy for some cake bites and cupcakes.

Wayne then drove me to Springville to Nancy's house where I would stay until Saturday evening. Wednesday night I could barely keep my eyes open and crashed by 11:00 p.m. Thursday morning was the start of cleaning day and laundry.

We had visitors in the afternoon which was fun. Thursday evening I got a chance to go visit more cousins in Orem. Michael and his wife Lluvia have a singing/performing group and they were rehearsing that night and then leaving to go on a 9 day tour the following week. I hadn't seen them for quite a few years. It was very fun to visit and catch up on everything. They have a son serving a church mission in Long Island and he has learned Haitian.

Nancy and I hung out and played games, talked and ate. Emily was in and out, busy with work making corsages for prom weekend. Wayne came over off and on as did Scott.

Friday afternoon Natalie drove down to spend the night. Wayne's friend came over and met us all and stayed for dinner. My cousin Mara and her husband stopped by for a visit and blessed us with some of their bounty from the Peppermint Place Candy shop.

Emily did Natalie's hair Friday night while we watched movies. Over a couple of days we watched Parental Guidance, Frank and the Robot, and People Like Us.

Saturday Natalie, Scott M., Wayne and his friend and I went out to lunch and had pizza at Nicolitalia Pizzeria in Orem.

Saturday evening, Natalie and I headed north to her place via a trip to Fashion Place Mall for a little shopping and then a late dinner at Iggy's Sports Grill at Jordan Landing. We had salads and split a burger and fries and had ice cream/sherbet for dessert.

Sunday Wayne drove up and met Natalie, Scott and I for brunch at Brio Tuscan Grille. I had the absolute best brunch ever. It was egg's Oscar with a shrimp and crab cake. Interesting thing about Brio's is that in February 2012 when I was on a business trip to St. Louis two of my coworkers and I had dinner at a Brio Tuscan Grille. So to see it again was pretty cool.

After lunch Natalie, Wayne and I hung out at TCBY, talked, took pictures and ate a little more. TCBY was one of our favorite frozen yogurt places near our house when the kids were younger. Wayne headed back home and Natalie drove me to the University Hospital where we visited one of my Aunts.

Then it was off to the airport to return home to Wally, Missy, the home and work. It was another great April Utah trip.

For pictures go to the Camera Capture tab at the top of the blog.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

We had a lot of fun. Now I want to make those brioche rolls with the jam!

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...