Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Twas the Night Before NYC

Yes, that's right. Tomorrow I'm on an airplane to fly to New York City. It will be my first visit to the Big Apple. I'm going with my daughter. What an adventure we have planned. This is something we've talked about doing for about 3 years and now it's here.

We'll be posting photos on Instagram and I'll share a lot when we get back. We have our days packed with fun sight seeing, museum visits and lots of pizza, I mean lots of good food.

I'm in the middle of a two week vacation. I've been home for the first part of it playing tourist here in Seattle with my daughter and her husband.

Since Thursday we have toured the Theo Chocolate Factory, ate burgers at the famous Red Mill Burger joint, explored the Seattle Underground and the CenturyLink Stadium. We also did a whale watching cruise in the San Juans and visited the Seattle Aquarium.

Now we're heading to the East Coast. This is my magical birthday year, the year I turn 57 which matches the year I was born, 1957. This only happens once in a lifetime. This vacation is part of my magical birthday year.

I also get to take my daughter to visit my best friend Gail who I've known since we were in third grade.

Off we go.

No comments:

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...