Thursday, January 1, 2015

January 1, 2015

Just wanted to start the year off with a blog post. But I'm not really sure what I want to say. 2014 was a pretty decent year. It wasn't without it's share of issues, but we made it through. We were greatly blessed with the birth of sweet baby Amoura in July. My year was spent doing a lot of traveling. Between work and family visits I wracked up some mileage.

I made multiple trips to Utah to visit with my sisters, and both my children and their families. For work I traveled to Long Beach in August and Washington, DC in October.

Natalie and I had fantastic trip to New York City in August. It was such a great trip. Now when I watch TV or movies, I love to see the sights of NYC and say, "hey, I've been there!" We also were able to spend some time outside the city with my friend Gail and her husband Wayne.

So now this post has turned into a review of 2014. That's quite alright. I have enjoyed taking lots of photos this year and have some posted on my Camera Capture page of this blog.

In 2015 I need to blog more (helps me keep track of the events in my life), I need to do more with my food blog. I love cooking and taking pictures so that's a perfect combination for me.

At work we are  moving into a newly remodeled area of our same building the end of January. We are also getting a new Director. All of that will change up the dynamics of our group. Should be interesting.

2015
I will do more of some things
and less of other things.
Here's the start to the More and Less lists

More - sewing, writing, blogging, photography, time outdoors, exercising, talking on the phone to family members, card sending, listening, Skyping with the grand daughters, relaxing, hula hooping, fabric, knitting, going to movies, trying new recipes, reading, dusting, vacuuming, sleeping, positive thoughts, saving money, downsizing stuff, fruits, vegetables, and more floating. I'm sure there will be more to add to this list.

Less - gossiping, complaining, whining, buying things, wasting food, wasting time, piles of magazines, paper, clutter, dust, weight, procrastinating, negativity. There will definitely be more added to this list also.

I like this idea of a More and Less list. Think about it, what would you put on your lists?

Pictures for the New Year. I love the Christmas holiday, the lights, the feeling, everything about it. On my recent jaunt to Utah I was able to visit Temple Square in Salt Lake City and see the Christmas lights. It was absolutely gorgeous. Here is just a glimpse.


No comments:

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...