Sunday, March 8, 2015

It's the Little Things in Life


On my cookbook shelf above my kitchen sink sits these little white swans.



I have been known to place a ring around one of the swan heads while doing dishes. I like to see these and be reminded of the time I bought them. When I look at them they remind me of my Mom and Dad.

Sometime after my parents retired, they bought a small house in Washington, Utah, just outside St. George. Living in Washington state with all the rain in the winter time, I decided that visiting my Mom and Dad for a weekend in February was a great idea.

On one of my visits, my parents and I stopped at a garage sale (no surprise there). It was at the garage sale that I saw these cute little nested swans. They are actually measuring cups. I bought them, packed them in my suitcase and brought them home. I don't remember what year that was.

My Father passed away in June of 1998, so I'm guessing these were purchased in 1997 or
1998.

It's the sweet, little things in life that sometimes have a lot of meaning and hold a lot of memories. Look for the little things and find joy in them.


No comments:

July Already and Only My 2nd Post this Year!

I have to say this year, 2023 has been a huge year of firsts for me. In January I went on my very first cruise. My friend Chris and I flew t...